Ecovillaggio Torri Superiore, an Italian Experience
The ecovillage of Torri Superiore is located in the hinterland of Ventimiglia, 8 km from the city centre, its beaches and railway station.
Resting on the slopes of Mount Grammondo, the Ecovillaggio is the result of a nearly 30-years-long restauration of an ancient farming village, dating back to the 14th Century, by a resident community of shear 20 people. The visit to Ecovillaggio Torri Superiore resembles the best way to both live the atmosphere of a community with whom the tourists will share time together, and to meet a wide array of associations and organizations which, in this westernmost part of Italy, work and operate with a different approach to work, to community, throughout solidarity and respect for nature.
In the seven days of the trip, participants have the chance of meeting some of these realms, experiencing the rhythm of the ecovillage and, due to its proximity to the close town, of visiting some of the historical venues of this region, learning about age-old food traditions inherited from the past and kept alive nowadays with full respect for sustainability.
The travel day by day
Arrival of the participants at the railway station of Ventimiglia and bus transfer to the Torri Superiore. Free welcome tea and coffee, accommodation in rooms. Self-service dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 – Day 6
Self-service breakfast, dinner, and overnight stay.
Programme of the activities:
Sunday: After dinner, meeting with the resident community for some storytelling and experiencing in the Ecovillaggio.
Monday: in the morning, departure for a hiking trip along the paths of the Bevera Valley; duration: 5 hours approximately. (four hours of walk plus one hour’s stop). Possibility of catering a picnic lunch.
In the afternoon, bread baking workshop.
Tuesday: whole day visit to the Hanbury Botanical Gardens with a guide. Possibility of catering a picnic lunch or using the bar and sandwich service inside the Gardens. Once back to the ecovillage: home-made pasta laboratory.
Wednesday: morning transfer to the village of Varase with a visit to the social greenhouses and Spes; a local food cooperative company supporting people with physical disadvantages. Possible lunch at the “Casa Famiglia” (foster home) with the resident boys and girls upon request. In the afternoon, free time to relax on Ventimiglia’s beaches.
Thursday: whole day trip to the medieval villages of Apricale and Dolceacqua. Lunch at own discretion or possible packed lunch upon request.
Friday: whole day excursion to the market in Ventimiglia which hosts more than 300 stands displaying a wide array of goods. Lunch in the town at one’s own discretion. Free time to visit the medieval town of Ventimiglia Alta in the afternoon. After dinner, a farewell music show will take place at the Ecovillaggio.
Self-service breakfast. Transfer to the Ventimiglia railway station.
Final greeting and departures.
This schedule may be subject to changes both before and during the trip, depending on the weather, needs of the travelers and the people hosting the group of travellers. It can also be rearranged upon request by contacting the travel agent.
Level of difficulty
This schedule does not pose any difficulties.
All year round.
|Price per person (of age above 18 years)|
|20 persons||10 persons|
|Adults||€ 425||€ 460|
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONCERNING THE PRICING TAB YOU MAY CONTACT THE AGENT
What is included:
- 6 nights accommodation in the Ecovillaggio Torri Superiore in double and triple rooms with private or shared bathroom
- half board self-service (dinner and breakfast) starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfast, including water
- free welcome tea and coffee
- workshops, visits and trip as scheduled, including bus transfer from Ventimiglia to Torri Superiore and back
- car transfer from Torri to Varase and by bus from Varase to Ventimiglia
- trip to Apricale and Dolceacqua
- car transfer to the Hanbury Gardens and back, with entrance fee and local guide
- trip to the Bevera Valley, with an environmental hiking guide
What is not included:
- trip, transfers and flights from the residence of each participant to the Ventimiglia railway station
- lunches (that can be arranged as mentioned)
- other beverages (wine and beer, extra coffee)
- possible entrance fees and other expenses during the trip to Apricale and Dolceacqua
- purchases at the Ventimiglia Market and in other shops, personal extras and anything not explicitly mentioned under what is included
- accommodation in single room (if available): €72 per night
- packed lunch supplied by Ecovillaggio Torri Superiore: €8
- lunch at Casa Famiglia Spes: to be defined
All quotations are subject to availability at the time of confirming a reservation.
For registration terms and conditions please consult the following website: How we travel – italy.viaggiemiraggi.org
For further information feel free to contact us: